Price of detached houses continue to fall in parts of Metro Vancouver: CMHC


by Martin MacMahon and Denise Wong

Posted Jul 26, 2018 9:49 am PDT

Last Updated Jul 26, 2018 at 10:06 am PDT

METRO VANCOUVER (NEWS 1130) – The price of a detached home is falling in parts of Metro Vancouver, according to the Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC). This follows a regional slowdown in real estate sales we’ve been seeing over the past few months.

We have heard anecdotally from some realtors that prices have been going down in some areas due to this slow market we’ve seen. Now, new numbers from the CMHC show house prices in West Vancouver and Vancouver’s west side have dropped year over year by between five and seven per cent.

North Vancouver and Richmond are seeing more modest price declines — with drops of as much as four per cent.

But this trend is not universal across the region. Prices are still up year over year by six to 15 per cent in many communities, including Surrey, Langley, and Maple Ridge.

Meanwhile, the price of an apartment in Metro Vancouver continues to rise. In places like Surrey and Langley, they have gone up between 26 and 35 per cent year over year.

Across Vancouver and North Vancouver, apartment prices have risen by 16 to 20 per cent.


No comments

Post Your Comment:

Your email will not be published
Reciprocity Logo The data relating to real estate on this website comes in part from the MLS® Reciprocity program of either the Greater Vancouver REALTORS® (GVR), the Fraser Valley Real Estate Board (FVREB) or the Chilliwack and District Real Estate Board (CADREB). Real estate listings held by participating real estate firms are marked with the MLS® logo and detailed information about the listing includes the name of the listing agent. This representation is based in whole or part on data generated by either the GVR, the FVREB or the CADREB which assumes no responsibility for its accuracy. The materials contained on this page may not be reproduced without the express written consent of either the GVR, the FVREB or the CADREB.